After dealing with some technical difficulties, the SharedInstance gang discusses recent announcements from Facebook's F8, mainly focusing on two of Facebook's open source libraries: React Native and ComponentKit. We covered React Native a bit in our first episode, but we decided we would cover it with everyone in the discussion, and with a little more information that has come out in recent weeks.
- React Native https://code.facebook.com/posts/1014532261909640/react-native-bringing-modern-web-techniques-to-mobile/
- ComponentKit https://code.facebook.com/posts/1415586422080360/introducing-componentkit-functional-and-declarative-ui-on-ios/
- Objc.io article about ComponentKit http://www.objc.io/issue-22/facebook.html
- Colin Eberhardt’s retrospective on React Native http://blog.scottlogic.com/2015/03/26/react-native-retrospective.html
- Q Con presentation on Components http://www.infoq.com/presentations/facebook-ios-architecture